Thursday, March 27, 2014

24 Thought Provoking Questions You Need To Answer To Know Yourself Better



24 Thought Provoking Questions You Need To Answer To Know Yourself Better
Read more at http://motivationgrid.com/24-thought-provoking-questions-to-know/#yPp4g3rE6Saj1u20.99


1. What would people say about you at your funeral?

That I was a dedicated mother.  That I was a dedicated homeschooler.  That I loved my religion and I fought for my faith even when it was hard.  They might be tempted to white wash my life, but I would not want them to.  I would want them to come right out and say... Jean is a survivor of Childhood Sexual Abuse at the hands of her father.  She fought hard to break free from his controls.  She fought hard to help her family and her extended family heal.  She advocated online and connected with other survivors, they supported her and she supported them.


2. What do you believe stands between you and complete happiness?

Depression and Anxiety, negative self talk, triggers.

3. When will you be good enough for you? Is there some breaking point where you will accept everything about yourself?

When my house is clean.  My self worth is wrapped around my house, and I struggle with keeping it clean because cleaning is a HUGE trigger because of my abuse.  Also my worth as a child was wrapped around a clean bedroom.  I had a messy bedroom, thus I was an awful person.

4. If you were at heaven’s gates, and God asked “you why should I let you in?”, what would you say?

Because I devoted my life to raising my children, to teaching them how to be good people, to breaking the chains of abuse for their generation.  Because I always intended to do good, even when I made mistakes

5. Do you fear death? If so, do you have a good reason?

I dont think I do right now.... I would worry about what would happen to my children and my husband.

6. If you lost everything tomorrow, whose arms would you want to run into? Does that person know how much they mean to you?

My husbands... Yes he does... But I should tell him again... But please, please dont have the loss include my children.  If that happened I would not be running, I would be a lump of sadness.

7. If you had the chance to go back in time and change one thing, what would you change?

I would not have my mother marry my father... I would have her marry some nice guy who actually cared about her as the wonderful person she is.  My father only sees her as a pawn to manipulate and use.  Then I would ask to come into that home, a home with my mother, and a father that is not abusive.

8. If you could make a 30 second speech to the entire world, what would you say?

I am sure I would take more time to compose it then I will do here... But this would be the basic theme...

Childhood sexual abuse is wrong.  If you were abused as a child it was never your fault.  If you feel shame about the abuse that shame belongs to the abuser.  The abuser trained you to feel their shame, inorder to keep you silent.  You were a child.  You were not wrong.  Your abuser manipulated you.  You abuser knew how to control you.  If at any point you feel you caused or willingly participated in the abuse that is only because of how good the abuser was at manipulating you.  You were a child, you were innocent, you did not know, you could not know, you could not make that choice... It only happened because you were abused.

9. If you had all the money in the world but still had to have some kind of job, what would you choose to do?

Study Ancient Civilizations and Religions, and teach about what I learned..... No that is not it.....

I would fight to release all the prisoners of sexual abuse! That is what I would do!!

10. What would you change if you were told with 100% certainty that God does not exist? Or if you don’t believe in God, that he does exist?

I have been down that road.  I have solved that question for myself.  God exists.  

11. What would you change if you knew you were NEVER going to die?

I would not be happy with that news.  I would be anxious to find a way out of my anxiety and depression.  I would never want to live an eternity in anxiety and depression.  I would not want to live and watch my children die.  I would do my best to make the world a better place for the people who did live and die around me.  At that point my life would no longer be about my life.

12. If this were the last day of your life, would you want to do what you were about to do today?
Um... I think I would surround myself with my loved ones... and spend as much time with them as possible.

13. If your life was a movie, what would be the title?
My Father was a Pedophile
 
or

Overcoming Father/ Daughter Incest

14. If you could ask for one wish, what would it be?
I would want a life without anxiety and depression, so that I could use my time better.

15. How could you describe yourself in 5 words?

Survivor, Mother,  Homeschooler, LDS, Fighter

16. Are there chances you’ve passed up that you wish you’d have taken?

I would save someone I know from suffering Childhood Sexual Abuse

17. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old are you?

Old, I am not very youthful

18. If not now, then when?

When I can think straight... When I can believe that my emotions wont bring all that I do to an abrupt stop... When I can believe that I can climb up more then I can fall down...

19. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?

Advocate against Childhood Sexual Abuse under my real name.  Tell everyone I know that I am a survivor, and to be weary of my pedophile dad.

20. Are you aware that someone has it worse than you?
There have been allot of times in my life where I have been.. and come to think of it I can remember who... I wish I knew how to set them free...

21. If you had to choose between a book or a movie what would you choose?

Right now it would be movie, but it should be book.

22. If you could see your whole life till now on a movie would you enjoy it?

No, not at all... and please dont make me watch it...

23. If you could ask 1 person just one question, and he would answer honestly, what would you ask him and who would you ask?
I would ask my pedophile dad to list everyone else he had sexually abused.

24. What would you do different if you were reborn?

I can not know that answer..... That would depend on weather or not I was born to a pedophile... and weather or not I was born in a time that believed in justice for sexual abuse victims.




Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment